Question for Past MCAT'ers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fun8stuff

*hiding from patients*
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did any of you guys come out of the MCAT feeling you like you did really well only to find out that you did horrible? Just curious...

Members don't see this ad.

No. I did better than I thought I did.

I think it would all depend on your type of personality. personally, though, I did better than I thought I had done as well. Just be glad you're done with the test and relax as much as possible before getting the scoes. It's out of your hands now.

Members don't see this ad :)
Exactly. It all depends on your personality. I have a friend who left the test sure that he got a 30+, but ended up with a 27. I, on the other hand, was expecting a 26-29 and got 30+. There's really no way to know until your results come in.

comming out I felt pretty descent about it, thought I prolly did okay. I ended up doing really well, much better than I expected. It was great. :D
So, don't worry about it now, there's nothing more you can do about it. If you came out feeling good, congratulations! You probably did well.
:)

I did about what I expected, maybe not quite as good.

"The great mistake is to anticipate the outcome of the engagement; you ought not to be thinking of whether it ends in victory or defeat. Let nature take it's course, and your tools will strike at the right moment." :D
-Bruce Lee

I actually didn't think about what number score I would get, but I knew I could do it. Good luck :luck: if you are waiting on your own score and I bet you are! :laugh:

edit: Oh . . and I did better than my best practice test, if that helps!

I thought that I bombed the PS section (8-9) and ended up with a 10. I thought that I did pretty well (11-12) on Bio, and ended up with an 11. I thought that I did incredibely well on Verbal, and got a 12. So, overall, i'd say I was accurate within a point.

Don't sweat it too much. I know it's hard not to obsess, especially with SDN at your fingertips, but it will probably only make you feel worse. Take a deep breath and focus on other things; you'll get your score soon enough. I'd say start obsessing about two weeks before scores come out, no earlier. :D

I did a lot better than I thought that day.

--Vinoy

My initial thought was that I did good- at least as good as my practice tests, but some of the people on SDN are starting to freak me out. Everyone is saying that it was really hard and what not. I am starting to think I just had an easy version or something and that there will be a strict curve. Oh well... I hate waiting!