Question for PCOM-GA students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gobeavers

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I posted this on the pre-med site but have had no responses, but I just wanted to know if the admissions decisions for the Georgia campus are made in GA or PA? Do the interviewers send recommendations up to the PA campus to have a decision made? I would be very interested in knowing. Thank you all so much for your help.

Members don't see this ad.

gobeavers said:
I posted this on the pre-med site but have had no responses, but I just wanted to know if the admissions decisions for the Georgia campus are made in GA or PA? Do the interviewers send recommendations up to the PA campus to have a decision made? I would be very interested in knowing. Thank you all so much for your help.

Hi, I'll do my best to pose an answer, though I'm not 100% sure how it works. If I remember correctly (I applied back in early October) all the admission material goes to the Philadelphia campus. The only part I'm not sure about is that they may recommend interviews. I don't know because my "file completed" card came from Philadelphia and then I got a call from Aisha at GA-PCOM to set up my interview. My interviewers were both fully associated with GA-PCOM and I find it highly unlikely that at the interview level, any decision would be made by Philadelphia. I hope this helps. Can I expect to see you in next years class?

GAdoc said:
Hi, I'll do my best to pose an answer, though I'm not 100% sure how it works. If I remember correctly (I applied back in early October) all the admission material goes to the Philadelphia campus. The only part I'm not sure about is that they may recommend interviews. I don't know because my "file completed" card came from Philadelphia and then I got a call from Aisha at GA-PCOM to set up my interview. My interviewers were both fully associated with GA-PCOM and I find it highly unlikely that at the interview level, any decision would be made by Philadelphia. I hope this helps. Can I expect to see you in next years class?

I really hope so. They said it would take a month, so I decided I would see if I could be a nervous wreck for a month straight, hahah. But I really loved your school, everybody seemed great. Thanks for the answer to my question also, sounds like if we got an interview the stats are decent enough, and the majority of the decision rests on the interview? Thanks again!

Members don't see this ad :)
gobeavers said:
I really hope so. They said it would take a month, so I decided I would see if I could be a nervous wreck for a month straight, hahah. But I really loved your school, everybody seemed great. Thanks for the answer to my question also, sounds like if we got an interview the stats are decent enough, and the majority of the decision rests on the interview? Thanks again!

gobeavers,

Wanted to let you know that I've been accepted to GA-PCOM, but I'm not there yet! I'm still considering other options, but there's a good chance I will wind up there. I was VERY impressed with the facilities, faculty, and staff. Plus they have a great name backing them. Good luck to you. Feel good that you got an interview. If I remember right, they told me they had like 2000 applicants this year.

GAdoc said:
gobeavers,

Wanted to let you know that I've been accepted to GA-PCOM, but I'm not there yet! I'm still considering other options, but there's a good chance I will wind up there. I was VERY impressed with the facilities, faculty, and staff. Plus they have a great name backing them. Good luck to you. Feel good that you got an interview. If I remember right, they told me they had like 2000 applicants this year.

Congrats! The dean of our school told us that over 40 applicants had been accepted as of last week. As for the acceptance process I'm really not sure if they are still sending info up to Philly or not. I have to tell you that last year I was in your shoes...I had to do some soul searching before I decided on Ga-PCOM. I can honestly tell you that I couldn't imagine going anywhere else.

Best of luck-B