Question for people with interviews at George Washington

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tkdusb

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you who have already been interviewed/will be interviewed, when did you receive notification of being complete? I'm asking because I received the completion e-mail in August, and still have not received an invite. I don't know whether this is normal for the school, or whether something has gone wrong with my application. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

tkdusb said:
For those of you who have already been interviewed/will be interviewed, when did you receive notification of being complete? I'm asking because I received the completion e-mail in August, and still have not received an invite. I don't know whether this is normal for the school, or whether something has gone wrong with my application. Thanks.

im the same boat. i was complete back in august as well. what are your stats?

3.6, 32, lots of research, senior in college and desperately waiting for that interview invite. I've gotten invites from some of the bigger name schools, and their turn-around time was much, much shorter which is why I'm so concerned about GW.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well I interviewed there last week (surprisingly enough :)) and I was complete 9/1, although I would have been complete much earlier except that I was waiting on a LOR. I'm not sure if that makes any difference or not.

They are not a big research school, so I think they tend to favor people with good clinical experiences.

If you are complete and haven't gotten the pre-interview hold yet, then don't worry. Only worry if you get the hold, or rejected of course, but I don't know if they reject anybody straight away.

tkdusb said:
3.6, 32, lots of research, senior in college and desperately waiting for that interview invite. I've gotten invites from some of the bigger name schools, and their turn-around time was much, much shorter which is why I'm so concerned about GW.

i'm much more of a research-y person than a clinical-y person, and i got interviewed and accepted at GW...i'd say you have a good chance! maybe give the admissions office a call. they're really nice there...just say you wanna check the status of your app since oyu'd beencomplete for a while now. good luck!

I've called and been told that my application is still in the review process. :(

On or around 10/6, update letters were sent out to people who had files complete as of 9/20. I know the update said hold or interview request... not sure if there were any rejections sent out then. This was a problem for me 'cause I was complete on 9/20 and didn't get a letter... turns out it was lost in the mail. good thing I called them.

wistarrat said:
On or around 10/6, update letters were sent out to people who had files complete as of 9/20. I know the update said hold or interview request... not sure if there were any rejections sent out then. This was a problem for me 'cause I was complete on 9/20 and didn't get a letter... turns out it was lost in the mail. good thing I called them.

I just called like two days ago and was told that my application is still being reviewed. And I've been complete for two months now. This is pretty ridiculous. My numbers are certainly good enough for the school. I can't imagine GW being more selective about who they interview than Sinai and Cornell :(

I was complete at GW early in august, had an interview sept. 8th. i was accepted oct 15 with a LOW mcat, high gpa and good research and experience. i hope that helps

There are already August MCAT-ters with interviews.

What the heck is wrong with GW??? Two months and apparently I'm still in line have my file reviewed?

tkdusb said:
There are already August MCAT-ters with interviews.

What the heck is wrong with GW??? Two months and apparently I'm still in line have my file reviewed?
If it makes you feel better, I am an August MCAT-er and have not heard anything. BUT if I do hear something I will tell them "Hey, you know that tk has been waiting an awfully long time. Let's pick up that phone and pass down some info, shall we?"

I've been watching season 3 of the Sopranos this weekend. I feel a little gangsta.