Question for Pitt acceptees

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bokermmk

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am on the waitlist at Pitt and have withdrew from all other schools except for UIC. If I am fortunate enough to be accepted I know I will have limited time to choose and not much financial aid info to consider. This will be a tough choice for me so I am hoping those that have been accepted and have received their aid package can let me know how good the aid was (aside from those that received the full tuition scholarship). That way I will have a rough estimate of the financial situation when making my decision.

Members don't see this ad.

bokermmk said:
I am on the waitlist at Pitt and have withdrew from all other schools except for UIC. If I am fortunate enough to be accepted I know I will have limited time to choose and not much financial aid info to consider. This will be a tough choice for me so I am hoping those that have been accepted and have received their aid package can let me know how good the aid was (aside from those that received the full tuition scholarship). That way I will have a rough estimate of the financial situation when making my decision.

i'm also on the waitlist- i spoke to the financial aid director, and she told me to send in my financial aid info and she would give me an estimate of what i would get were i accepted. you might try doing the same thing. good luck!

bokermmk, check your private messages

Members don't see this ad :)
DannGee said:
i'm also on the waitlist- i spoke to the financial aid director, and she told me to send in my financial aid info and she would give me an estimate of what i would get were i accepted. you might try doing the same thing. good luck!

I agree. Definitely send the financial aid stuff in right away. I'm working this year, so my package is taking me to Stafford and Alternative loan city. However, if you're able to get instutional aid, hopefully your package will look a little better.

Best,
H&T

Pitt just sent me the financial aid award e-mail yesterday and is giving me enough institutional aid to cover everything that stafford does not. (I never expected this and am completely thrilled!) However, I am a older (38) student so they did not request/require any parental financial info when calculating my need. Also, their turn-around time was quick...I sent in the forms in very late April and received the e-mail 5/12.