Question for someone who has already been accepted to PCO/ICO/SCO.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

0bumblebee0

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
After the acceptance do u have to send transcripts from all the schools you have attended directly to the school you will be attending? I'll try to makethis question more specific.

I live in a small town and took classes at 4 different university's, so lets say university A, B, C and D. University A is the primary school i attended and will be receiving my degree from there, I have 12 classes left to take (all of them are at University A) but all of my other classes were verified by optomcas.So because all of my other classes were verified by optomcas do I only send a transcript from University A directly to the school after the acceptance or do I have to resend all my transcripts directly to the school i will be attending?I am asking because I took a few pre-req classes from university D, which have been verified by Optomcas, but will i have to resend a transcript from there to the school I will be attending? that school is 8 hours away and you can only request transcripts in person. I had to drive there to have my transcripts sent off and am hoping I will not have to send them again because they were already verified by Optomcas and I will not be taking anymore classes from there.

Members don't see this ad.

After the acceptance do u have to send transcripts from all the schools you have attended directly to the school you will be attending? I’ll try to makethis question more specific.

I live in a small town and took classes at 4 different university’s, so lets say university A, B, C and D. University A is the primary school i attended and will be receiving my degree from there, I have 12 classes left to take (all of them are at University A) but all of my other classes were verified by optomcas.So because all of my other classes were verified by optomcas do I only send a transcript from University A directly to the school after the acceptance or do I have to resend all my transcripts directly to the school i will be attending?I am asking because I took a few pre-req classes from university D, which have been verified by Optomcas, but will i have to resend a transcript from there to the school I will be attending? that school is 8 hours away and you can only request transcripts in person. I had to drive there to have my transcripts sent off and am hoping I will not have to send them again because they were already verified by Optomcas and I will not be taking anymore classes from there.

No, you won't need any other transcript other than the one from University A. I was actually in the same boat with classes at 5 different universities actually (one of them international, where you can only get transcripts in person!). Part of the point behind OptomCAS was to simplify the whole transcript sending process - so whatever you have sent to OptomCAS is enough unless you are taking classes beyond what OptomCAS has on record (like you are currently doing). And some schools require a transcript from your degree-granting institution that proves you have completed your bachelor's...but lucky for you, that's the same school you are currently at and will have to send a transcript from anyway.

No, you won't need any other transcript other than the one from University A. I was actually in the same boat with classes at 5 different universities actually (one of them international, where you can only get transcripts in person!). Part of the point behind OptomCAS was to simplify the whole transcript sending process - so whatever you have sent to OptomCAS is enough unless you are taking classes beyond what OptomCAS has on record (like you are currently doing). And some schools require a transcript from your degree-granting institution that proves you have completed your bachelor's...but lucky for you, that's the same school you are currently at and will have to send a transcript from anyway.

Actually, mine was a little different than what was stated here. I graduated from University A but took anatomy, which wasn't required by ICO, at a junior college before I was even applied. They were both in OptomCas but ICO still wanted my transcripts from both schools. Verify with the school that you get accepted to, but it was the same thing at Western too.

I am stuck in a similar situation and have some international undergrad credit as well. as far as I know most of the schools require you to resend transcripts directly to them (from all the schools you have attended, even if they were verified by optomcas) before matriculating. but I am not sure about PCO, IAUPR and NECO.