blank

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted556323

Blank

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a quick question for all the residents out there. My Fiancé just got the scores for his COMLEX (waiting on USMLE) and he scored very high. When he finishes medical school in two years, there is a high likleyhood that we will be relocating to a new city.

Is it typical for hospitals that residents match at to assist spouses of the residents in finding a job either at that hospital or at another local hospital. I have my PharmD and was curious what the standard was.

Thanks in advance!!

I agree with tkim, but after the match I don't see any reason he couldn't ask.

Just a quick question for all the residents out there. My Fiancé just got the scores for his COMLEX (waiting on USMLE) and he scored very high. When he finishes medical school in two years, there is a high likleyhood that we will be relocating to a new city.

Is it typical for hospitals that residents match at to assist spouses of the residents in finding a job either at that hospital or at another local hospital. I have my PharmD and was curious what the standard was.

Thanks in advance!!

That's great that he did well on his COMLEX, but that has nothing to do with your question.

Yes, my program was very accommodating with helping spouses find work. As others have said, even moreso when looking for attending positions.

That's great that he did well on his COMLEX, but that has nothing to do with your question.

Yes, my program was very accommodating with helping spouses find work. As others have said, even moreso when looking for attending positions.

I know that you didn't mean that she shouldn't, but I think it is great that she threw in a gloat into her question. We should all be as proud and supportive of our mates.

Actually wasn't meant to gloat at all-- I was just trying to convey that he is interested in larger hospitals which may be more competitive for me to find a job in that hospital easily. Residency is not mandatory for pharmacists and I have a job that would normally require a residency in a larger city- but I should probably be fine given my experience now. Just trying to avoid worrying haha.

:confused: ...and how does any of this relate to his COMLEX score?

My program tried, but my wife got a job offer from a prior application while they were in the middle to trying to help us.

I think she just means that his COMLEX score will make him competitive for more sought-after programs in larger hospitals.

Then not only was the OP unclear, it isn't even accurate. There are many excellent and competitive programs at smaller hospitals and mid tier or worse programs at large hospitals.