Question for students that received Fee Assistance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JuxGiant

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, everyone!

I had a question about using fee assistance with secondary applications. Did you guys pay to submit your secondaries and then wait for the school / AACOMAS to reimburse you, or did you contact the school / forward the "I have been granted FA" e-mail to their admissions offices, and wait for instructions on how to proceed with submitting your secondary?

I filled out LECOM-Erie's secondary, and it took me to the payment submission page; apparently, I couldn't backtrack, so I hit "submit" without paying an application fee. Naturally, they sent me an automated e-mail, giving me steps on how to pay, so I e-mailed them and went into detail about fee assistance, yadda yadda, but got no response.

However, I got an e-mail recently, saying that LECOM has processed my secondary. So, I'll e-mail them just for clarification, but this is weird.

tl;dr I probably wasted time with the back-and-forth, but they seemed to have answered my question without answering my question, haha.

Is the process of FA and secondaries, different for every school? I'm mindful that the best way to get an answer to my question is perhaps to e-mail every single school I am applying to, about the process, but I'm looking to apply to many schools, so I was wondering if any SDNers had similar experiences with this?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, everyone!

I had a question about using fee assistance with secondary applications. Did you guys pay to submit your secondaries and then wait for the school / AACOMAS to reimburse you, or did you contact the school / forward the "I have been granted FA" e-mail to their admissions offices, and wait for instructions on how to proceed with submitting your secondary?

I filled out LECOM-Erie's secondary, and it took me to the payment submission page; apparently, I couldn't backtrack, so I hit "submit" without paying an application fee. Naturally, they sent me an automated e-mail, giving me steps on how to pay, so I e-mailed them and went into detail about fee assistance, yadda yadda, but got no response.

However, I got an e-mail recently, saying that LECOM has processed my secondary. So, I'll e-mail them just for clarification, but this is weird.

tl;dr I probably wasted time with the back-and-forth, but they seemed to have answered my question without answering my question, haha.

Is the process of FA and secondaries, different for every school? I'm mindful that the best way to get an answer to my question is perhaps to e-mail every single school I am applying to, about the process, but I'm looking to apply to many schools, so I was wondering if any SDNers had similar experiences with this?

Thanks!
Depends on the school. Each one will be different. But you should screenshot the page that says that you have been granted FAP. Some secondaries will have a place for you to opt out. Some you'll have to pay and they'll reimburse you. Some you'll pay and they won't reimburse you (NOVA) and most all of them you have to email to get credited.

You have to request the fee for PCOM and if your name is on the list they receive they will post it but it can take a long time for this. If you pay they will not reimburse you but if you pay you can be complete earlier than waiting for the assistance.

I email all the school abt my fee assistance. Some processed it right away.