Question for Texas Applicants!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Salaam

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
November 15th is just around the corner...EEK! I'm trying to contain myself and not wish away October all-together, but I'm getting anxious for the date ;) Anyways, I have a question about the match and getting later acceptances from Baylor/OOS schools. If we get another offer post-match, I assume we can take it, right? How does this work? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I think the answer to your question is 'yes'. You can hold multiple offers from a TMDSAS school and from an OOS school. Here's the link to the TMDSAS site:

http://www.utsystem.edu/tmdsas/medical/acceptance_Match_info.html#PreMatchOffers

Here's the quote:
Applicants may hold offers from one of the TMDSAS medical schools as well as other non-TMDSAS schools such as Baylor College of Medicine. By May 15 of the matriculation year (April 15 for schools whose first day of class is on or before July 30), each applicant who has received an offer of acceptance from more than one school must choose the specific school at which the applicant prefers to enroll and withdraw his or her application from all other schools from which acceptance offers have been received.

I think the answer to your question is 'yes'. You can hold multiple offers from a TMDSAS school and from an OOS school. Here's the link to the TMDSAS site:

http://www.utsystem.edu/tmdsas/medical/acceptance_Match_info.html#PreMatchOffers

Here's the quote:
Applicants may hold offers from one of the TMDSAS medical schools as well as other non-TMDSAS schools such as Baylor College of Medicine. By May 15 of the matriculation year (April 15 for schools whose first day of class is on or before July 30), each applicant who has received an offer of acceptance from more than one school must choose the specific school at which the applicant prefers to enroll and withdraw his or her application from all other schools from which acceptance offers have been received.

First post on SDN and it's helping another.

Welcome to SDN and enjoy! I expect great things from you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks Laughing. I've been lurking for awhile now. I just happened to look up TAMDSAS yesterday because I was wondering the same question.

Here's the quote:

Thanks!! That is just what I needed to know.