Question for the August MCATers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dng_06

apple01
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those who are taking/retaking the MCAT in August, will you be submitting your secondaries before or after the test in August? Isn't okay just to have your AMCAS submitted and work on the secondaries after the test? Not sure what is best..thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah! I have been working on my AMCAS application materials but I need to retake the MCAT in August. My score right now is not good. Won't schools look at that score and throw your application away or is there a spot on the application to them that says to wait for your August score before chucking your application for being stupid in April. I really want to apply early but my first score they will laugh at.

Members don't see this ad :)
My plan is to submit my AMCAS application a day after the MCAT if I feel confident about my test. Then I'll start working on my secondaries and make sure to submit them before the the results come out. This way, all my application materials will be complete before the score comes out.