question for the EMTs out there...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sweet Tea

Girl Next Door
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Y'all--

For my fellow EMTs that are trying to get through the 2003 AMCAS... did you include your EMT class in the courses section? I took the EMT class at a community college, so that class and all my haz mat awareness courses show up on my transcript. Did you call the EMT class a semester course? How about the haz mat courses?

I hate having to list these courses...

Members don't see this ad.

I applied on the 2002 AMCAS, but I can answer this question. The answer is yes. If it shows up on your transcript, you must include the class on the AMCAS courses section. As for the term of the class, I took mine during the summer session, and indicated such. Unless your EMT or hazmat courses were spread over several terms, this shouldn't be a problem. Even if they are, I think there's an option for this.

Sweet Tea, I completely agree with Nate's answer. I included my EMT course on my AMCAS under "semester" since it was at a community college... Don't forget to send in your transcripts from the community college you took it at either. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
same as RorensicChick :)

Good luck

i took the course through a "center for prehospital care"
we had the option of receiving credit through a local community college, but i did not opt for that. i just received a certificate.
.: i didn't put my emt course in my course work.

thanks, guys... that's what i figured the answer would be.

i've included all my coursework and have requested my OTs from the community college, but i still just think it's silly that they have to see my hazmat classes and hazmat recertifications every year.

oh well. i guess a lot of this process is silly...i'll get over it. :p :p