question for those of you who have 2007-2008 interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GuessWho

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
First of all, CONGRADULATIONS to you!!
I had a couple questions...
1)What was your turn-around time between submitting ERAS and getting an interview invite?
2)Did/do you have all of your LOR's in at ERAS (aka a complete file)? (I'm worried about my 2 "on-the-way" ones)?
3) Did you get full-on invites, or did they send you an "our interviews are held between ** and**"?

Thanks...I'm just checking my email 50 times a day....

Members don't see this ad.

1)What was your turn-around time between submitting ERAS and getting an interview invite?
2)Did/do you have all of your LOR's in at ERAS (aka a complete file)? (I'm worried about my 2 "on-the-way" ones)?
3) Did you get full-on invites, or did they send you an "our interviews are held between ** and**"?

1. 1 week turn-around time
2. Only 2 of 4 LOR....
3. Full invites and receipt acknowledgment of application for future interview invites... I just hope the full invites keep coming.

1. 1 week turn-around time
2. Only 2 of 4 LOR....
3. Full invites and receipt acknowledgment of application for future interview invites... I just hope the full invites keep coming.

ditto

Members don't see this ad :)
1. 2 weeks
2. All LORs on board and ready to go
3. As with the others, one full invite and a couple of we've received your application but won't be offering our interviews until Nov. I think this will be the case for the majority of programs, with only a few giving out their invites prior to late Oct/Nov time.

Anyhow, good luck to everyone! :thumbup:

1. 1 week until first interview invite after submitting ERAS (so far only 1)
2. No - just 1 letter in (still have just 1 letter in)
3. Full invitation for a selected set of dates

1. Turn around time was abut 1 week to my first invite, but I haven't heard from anyone else since. There are still quite a few programs that haven't downloaded my app yet.

2. I only have 1 LOR in and it's not an EM letter either. I have 3 "on the ways" that I'm waiting for, but my EM grades aren't out yet from last month. Two of my letters are being held up by that. Grrr....

3. I received 1 full on invite and one form letter via snail mail saying they'd received my app and are reviewing it.

1. Turn around time was abut 1 week to my first invite, but I haven't heard from anyone else since. There are still quite a few programs that haven't downloaded my app yet.

2. I only have 1 LOR in and it's not an EM letter either. I have 3 "on the ways" that I'm waiting for, but my EM grades aren't out yet from last month. Two of my letters are being held up by that. Grrr....

3. I received 1 full on invite and one form letter via snail mail saying they'd received my app and are reviewing it.

Same as above - one full invite and one "reviewing your app" letter within one week of submitting and nothing since. Only 1 LOR in (non-EM, the others are "on the way"). No official grade for my first EM clerkship yet, and I'm still in the middle of my second EM clerkship. It appears that there are a couple of early-bird interviewing programs, and the majority still haven't begun inviting anyone yet...

Hell, I've got more than a handfull of places that haven't even downloaded my stuff yet. As in, any of it. Don't know if this is selective or if it allows them to choose prior to download.
Since I have so much faith in the system and all, no conspiracy theories are running through my head or anything.

Hey, submitted app on 9/4, and was downloaded on 9/11 and interview offer sent on 9/18.
It was an interview offer and sent a list of dates.
I only have 2 LORs in (still waiting on my ER LOR)

Goodluck to everyone

Hell, I've got more than a handfull of places that haven't even downloaded my stuff yet. As in, any of it. Don't know if this is selective or if it allows them to choose prior to download.
Since I have so much faith in the system and all, no conspiracy theories are running through my head or anything.

:laugh: Although I don't blame you for it. I would be the same way.

any IMGs with interview offers yet?

1. I think it was 5-6 days
2. I had 3 LOR in, but not my one from an EM physician; and our school hasn't uploaded our transcripts yet.
3. full invite

Hey, submitted app on 9/4, and was downloaded on 9/11 and interview offer sent on 9/18.
It was an interview offer and sent a list of dates.
I only have 2 LORs in (still waiting on my ER LOR)

Goodluck to everyone

Basically my situation as well -1 LOR (0/2 SLORs by the way).

THanks everyone for your input. I'm still biting my nails.

When's the latest you should get all of your letters in by?

First of all, CONGRATULATIONS to you!!

I usually don't correct people, but for some reason this one was bugging me.

Have you all generally had an early copy of your transcript uploaded to ERAS prior to receiving interview offers?

Have you all generally had an early copy of your transcript uploaded to ERAS prior to receiving interview offers?

Not me atleast... transcripts dont get released until October.