Question for those that have filled out PTCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DocTAP87

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
There's a section for observation hours and one for work. Well, I've been a physical therapy technician for going on five years. I've worked in outpatient and inpatient. Would I put this experience under work or observation? I've done some volunteer observation in a PT setting but that was all before I became a tech. I do have some observation with home health.

I have separate volunteer work and extracurriculars that I plan to include on the application as well as my experience as a personal trainer and exercise instructor. But I'm confused on where to put my work experience as a tech.

Thanks for any help.

Members don't see this ad.

I posted them separately, unless I specifically was "observing" while I was working, I put those hours under observation. I worked in a clinic for a long time too, so it was hard to figure out some of the hours. I also made sure to count all the hours I did observing in other places.

I've heard that they count as observation hours. Understanding the workings of a clinic is just as important as directly observing patient treatment.

Yes, they do count as observation hours and that's where they should be listed.