Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Question for those that have taken Princeton Review exams

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by ugagirl4, Jun 25, 2002.

1. Hello everyone,

I am a new SDN member, but have been a 'silent reader' for a while. I have a question for all those who have taken Princeton Review MCAT exams, either the diagnostic or the A-D series. Do you find them to be scaled more harshly than Kaplan or AAMC exams? The A-D series seem to have the score conversion of an AAMC exam, but the difficulty is much harder. I dont even have a score conversion for any of the diagnostic exams (471-474), but I do have the scores of a friend that took the course (so I can roughly approximate the score). It seems that it is hard to get a decent score on any of these. What do you guys think? :confused:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. altaskier

altaskier Altaholics Anonymous 92'
    7+ Year Member

I don't know about the Kaplan tests, but I can tell you that Princeton Review's A-D tests are way harder than the actual MCAT.

4. kidsmd

kidsmd Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Yeah, the tests that they give in the beginning are usually harder, and if you think about it, it should make sense that they would do this. After all, they are a business and they do want you to think that their course will help you to improve; even the instructors will tell you this though not in so many words. But I found that the tests after the initial two are pretty accurate as to the difficulty level of the MCAT. Some people will say to add 2 points or so to what you get on the tests, but don't do this. Just stick to what you get; that way, you'll be shooting for higher scores. :)

5. If you have taken Princeton tests and have already taken the MCAT, how did your Princeton score compare to your actual MCAT score?

6. kidsmd

kidsmd Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I took it last August... My score was 1 point higher than the princeton review tests score.

7. geneman

geneman The Transgenic Hobo
    7+ Year Member

I went to one of those free MCAT deals and took Princeton Review's 470 diagonostic test as my first practice MCAT ever; I received a 35. The next week I took AAMC III and got a 30. I got a 37 on the real one.

My advice is to take the numbers with a grain of salt (b/c not only are most scaled inaccurately but the amount you know is different with each test you take). Try to hammer down what you don't know from each exam. AAMC V and VI, IMO, were both very similar to the April MCAT.