question for those tucom 2007'ers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

uclamendoza

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wassup TUCOM class of 2007. I hope all of you are doing well and are taking the time before class starts to relax and get things in order. Also, congratulations on getting into TUCOM.........for those of you who have already applied for financial aid, how long did it take for you to get your financial aid package? Please post your comments here. Thanks and again, congratulations!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks!

I received my financial aid award letter this past Monday & I applied for it in late February. Sounds like TUCOM is running a little quicker than some other schools.

Thanks Macken for your response. Did your financial aid package include any grants and/or scholarships? Also, when are we supposed to get some housing information from TUCOM?

Members don't see this ad :)
Sigh.

Grants and scholarships. Don't I wish....

I understood there was supposed to be a mailing toward the end of March but I guess that's obviously been postponed. I'm hoping we should start to see something, at least, by the 1st of May. There's a lot to do!

You haven't rec'd your fin aid yet? And congrats too on your acceptance

might be a good thing to post in the tucom 2007 thread. There are a lot of us over there.

Brian,

I also got my financial aid package on Tuesday. Nothing about grants/scholarships either.

Renee

I got a package of scholarship applications from UHS. They sent me anything that had to do with being a California resident. A few of them (actually I can only think of one in particular) required you to be a california resident going to school in the bay area. This doesn't apply to me since I'm going to school in Missouri, but when I get home tonight I'll post the info for those of you who can benefit from it.

thanks wannabeDO........that would help out a lot. I appreciate the generosity with posting the scholarship info. congrats on getting into med school and good luck this upcoming fall......

I haven't forgotten you...

I will bring the scholarship info to work tomorrow, but I don't know if I'll have time to get to it. It's been a busy weekend and tomorrow won't be any less so...

Here is the one I mentioned. I also have several that are dependent on the county that you are from. If you are from any of the following counties pm me and I'll scan the appropriate scholarship and send it to you: Fresno, Madera, Riverside, Calaveras, San Joaquin, Stanislaus, Tuolumone, San Diego (loan), Mariposa, Sacramento, El Dorado, Yolo, San Mateo, Santa Clara, or Santa Barbara.

SCHOLARSHIPS 101 - Scholarship Information Report

Full Title

William & Alice Hinckley Fund/Scholarships

Abbreviated Title and Address:

Hinckley Scholarship Fund First Unitarian Church 1187 Franklin Street San Francisco, CA 94109

Telephone (415) 776-4580

Maximum Award Amount.........$1000
Due Date.................................15 May
Contact Information................Scholarship Committee

Description of Financial Aid Package:

Annual awards for GRADUATE students, who are NORTHERN CALIFORNIA residents pursuing careers as counselors, ministers, nurses and/or PHYSICIANS. Award must be used at a BAY AREA California school or college/university. Selection based on financial need, academic achievement, and career plans (humanitarian professions). Applications available from 3/15 to 5/12. Application consideration and information requests at any other time will get no response. Award amounts range $500-$1500. Number of awards vary. Contact the William & Alice Hinckley Fund for more information and/or application. Send SELF-ADDRESSED, STAMPED ENVELOPE with request.

Title: William & Alice Hinckley Fund/Scholarships

thanks wannabedo........that was really nice of you to post this scholarship information.....