Question for those who go to school in another (far) state

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WaitingImpatiently

Long Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I might end up doing this, and I just realized that when I get out of school for summer (maybe even spring) vacation, I'll probably leave my car behind. For those of you who have done this, what did you do with your car? I'm not too keen on leaving a relatively new vehicle unattended in a parking lot for 2 months! I'm talking about CA and OH here.

Members don't see this ad.

I am leaving my car for 2 months in the school lot. I guess it all depends on where the car will be. I am leaving the car in NY and will be going to CA so you can't get much farther than that. If you are worried try to have a friend check on it every once in a while.

I would strongly NOT recommend leaving it in a parking lot for a long period of time. It is very likely to get towed or broken into (at least here in my neck of the woods).

There are plenty of people with garages around--I ended up "borrowing" a friends for two months, I paid him $80 to help with his rent. I also had other friends that stayed around that kept my car for another two weeks while I was away--one girl in our class who left her car in the school parking lot got it stolen. Better safe than sorry.

Members don't see this ad :)
•••quote:•••Originally posted by mcwmark:
•Better safe than sorry.•••••Exactly. Since I might go to a school where I know nobody, I better make some GOOD friends!

what about renting public storage space?

Most of my fellow Californians (we go to school in Missouri) drove their cars home for the summer. They brought in their family or significant others to drive with them, so they got a nice cross-country vacation with it too. Leaving it in a school lot is not a great option, particularly if security is an issue.