question for those who got in late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

knish

SUNY Buffalo 2006
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
although i have not gotten in yet i have a question for those who have in the past.

I know that when you get in there are a lot of forms and things that you complete before you start. for example the CPR course and physical. my question is....what happens when you get in days before med school starts....

thanks for any input

knish

Members don't see this ad.

yes, there is a lot of paperwork to fill out when you get in. Yet most of it is fluff (fluff that I like, mind you) :p

3 required: Immunizations, official intent form, financial aid forms
fluff: facebook, mentor (big bro/sis), roomate search, white coat ceremony, orientation, school memoribilia, grad housing, final transcripts- alright, that one isn't fluff but those who graduated a while back already have done that.

Never heard of having to be CPR certified. That's a good thing and all, but yet another requirement before matriculating??

i'm an applicant this year, but i just got into a school last week. none of the schools i've been accepted to (wake, usf, uf) have required a cpr course - i think you usually do it through the school after it starts. two schools have required physicals and immunizations, and the other one just wanted immunization records. i'm sure they'd let you do these a little late, but if you think you have a good chance of getting in you could save time by getting a physical done now, and then your dr. could just fill out the forms when you get them. also make sure you have all your immunizations, including hepatitis B and a positive varicella titer (or 2 doses of varivax - having had chickenpox is not good enough) and a PPD skin test for TB. good luck - i hope you get in soon!

Univeristy of Virginia requires CPR with use of a AED (difbulator sp?!?) for all incoming students. We have patient contact beginning the first year so it makes sence that we have the traning. I called thier office and their advice was to call hopitals in my area and see if they had openings, all did and they had classes up until my departure date. The office also said that if I had a problem getting into a class to call back, I assume they would have made arangements to get me into a class within the first few weeks of school.