Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Question for those who interviewed at Rochester

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by yyd, Dec 14, 2005.

1. yyd

yyd Guest

Medical Student
  2. SanDiegoSOD

SanDiegoSOD Milk was a bad choice
    7+ Year Member

You're only allowed 25 words per description, so you have to cut the descriptions down to the bare minimum.

3. Elastase

Elastase StanfUrd bound!!!
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Yeah, in closed file interviews you will definitely need to be able to tell all about yourself in a condensed manner.

As for the descriptions, I had to re-write them completely to make them fit within the limit. Good luck on your interview (it will be snowy when you get there)!

4. aspiringdoctor

aspiringdoctor Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Congratulation and good luck with the interview. When did your application complete? Are you August or April Mcater? I completed at that school for two months and haven't heard anything. i'm August MCATer by the way. once again, congratulation

5. Uegis

Uegis 1 Down 3 To Go
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    You should just go ahead and list stuff from your AMCAS and be prepared to talk about them, one by one. I wrote one activity on there last year when I interviewed, but I barely had anything to say about it and I looked stupid. Luckily, my interviewer was this really nice radiologist who didn't care too much for it.

6. bkflaneur

bkflaneur Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I think the 'essay' and activity questions are talking points for the interviewer to use to ask questions and start a conversation. I'm not sure if the Rochester interviewers ever see your file, so I think it's completely fine to borrow from your AMCAS. I don't think they're going to judge you by what you write now, so don't stress about it. But be sure that you include some of your more valuable experiences that you can expand upon in an interview.

I had three interviews at Rochester - one student, one faculty, and one member of the administration. The student was really the only one who asked directly about what I had written on their website. The others were more informal conversations where they asked me to talk about what I did in college and post-college. They were all really friendly.

Good luck.

7. yyd

yyd Guest

Medical Student