Question for those with an interest in Neurorehabilitation (Help!)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Psych58

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
For Physical Therapists and PT trainees:

1) Do you ever use results of neuropsychological (i.e., learning, memory, attention) tests to inform your practice?

2) Do you ever consult with neuropsychologists? If so, on what topics do you usually consult with them?

2) Do you feel that memory deficits impact treatment outcomes in your patients?

Your responses are much appreciated! : )

Members don't see this ad.

1) I use the imPact test for concussion/TBI patients
2) I don't consult with neuropsychologosts because there are none in our area.
3) absolutely memory deficits impact treatment outcomes. If I have a patient with those issues, we have a memory care clinic that utilizes and OT cog eval, a SLP cog eval, and a clinic visit specifically pertaining to memory. They develop a plan/strategies to help the patient with the memory deficit if it can be helped.

Thank you, truthseeker, this is very helpful! I'm a psychology trainee and I'm helping a DPT student do an in-service for PTs and OTs on memory. So, I'm trying to figure out what information is most relevant!

For Physical Therapists and PT trainees:

1) Do you ever use results of neuropsychological (i.e., learning, memory, attention) tests to inform your practice?
Yes, we may use MoCA or MMSE, and other when indicated or if it would be meaningful to administer. In addition, reports from neuropsychologists are utilized.

2) Do you ever consult with neuropsychologists? If so, on what topics do you usually consult with them?
Yes; however, most patients already get neuropsych consults (heavy ABI population).

2) Do you feel that memory deficits impact treatment outcomes in your patients?
Most definitely, and it modifies treatment practices. Most of the time, we attempt to use implicit learning or errorless learning to help circumvent memory deficits.

Your responses are much appreciated! : )