Question for UCLA undergrads...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
B

brhill

I was just wondering what y'all did in terms of a pre-med advisor. I went to the career center and they said they didn't have anyone for that specifically (which I think is pretty cheap for such a big school). They said I could speak to a career person who proceeded to show me a bunch of fliers on stuff I already knew. She was nice but wasn't any more in-the-know than myself. What did you guys do? Any advice? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I, too, would like to know whether there is a good pre-med resource on-campus.

Any tips to be a successfull pre-med at UCLA?

Thanks!!

Sorry but there's just no way this thing is gettin' answered if it's on page 2!

Members don't see this ad :)
There is no pre-med advisor at UCLA. It really sucks. I would recommend joining a pre-med club or something like that. I think the Pre-professional center might have someone good who you can talk to. Check there.

i graduated from ucla. my advice is to just do things yourself. network with other pre-meds. ucla is too busy to really take time to help you. it's still a cool place though.

ucla sux they dont give a damn

they used to have counselors in the pre-professional advising office and they all left (all 2 of them :D)

because they got bettery paying jobs, why do u think we had the sudden move from murphy to the career center...

we have no one, nobody cares...that is why I moved to san diego...good luck pple

studentdoctor.net is my resource. good or bad, i don't know... but it's a hell of a lot better than the non-existant premed office at UCLA.

UCLA pre-meds, despite the total lack of advisors, are easily some of the most savvy and competitve candidates around.

Why? Because most take care to find out information for themselves and do a LOT of networking with other pre-meds. I had a difficult time freshman year, but it's changed a lot as I've become more independent and gotten to know more older pre-meds who have gone through the process already.

UCLA is a great place generally... but not for a pre-med looking for guidance. Ya gotta be a self-starter. :)

it's a sucky state school what can you expect....

your fellow trojan :)

*this is directed to the USC UCLA rivalry so if you go to a state school no offense is intended*

Originally posted by Sunlyght:
•it's a sucky state school what can you expect....

your fellow trojan :)

*this is directed to the USC UCLA rivalry so if you go to a state school no offense is intended*•
Don't be snooping in on our UCLA posts you trojan.
;)

ehem....we have trojan pple on this website.... :eek:

<<<<<Important Commentary>>>>

A Bruin is Forever, but a Trojan can only be used once.....(please see commentary below) :D

Trojan = brand of condomns

enough said, thank you :D

oh and by the way, this year, ucla will kick ur sorry A@@'s in the football game...u guyz were just lucky last year :)

ehem sorry couldn't resist...

what does USC REALLY Stand for?

University of Spoiled Children :D

The only place where daddy's money can get u a diploma ;)

Can't spell $UCk without U$C.

USC...The best A's money can inflate.

Of course, come next year, I'd love to be wearing a nice burgandy USC Medicine sweatshirt. Though I'll always sit on the better side of the football field.