Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Question for UCLA undergrads...

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by brhill, Aug 19, 2001.

1. I was just wondering what y'all did in terms of a pre-med advisor. I went to the career center and they said they didn't have anyone for that specifically (which I think is pretty cheap for such a big school). They said I could speak to a career person who proceeded to show me a bunch of fliers on stuff I already knew. She was nice but wasn't any more in-the-know than myself. What did you guys do? Any advice? Thanks.

2. calaxer19

calaxer19 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

I, too, would like to know whether there is a good pre-med resource on-campus.

Any tips to be a successfull pre-med at UCLA?

Thanks!!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Sorry but there's just no way this thing is gettin' answered if it's on page 2!

4. Jalby

Jalby I fight crime at day when Batman are sleeping.
    10+ Year Member

Pre-Veterinary
    There is no pre-med advisor at UCLA. It really sucks. I would recommend joining a pre-med club or something like that. I think the Pre-professional center might have someone good who you can talk to. Check there.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. izzy34

izzy34 Junior Member

i graduated from ucla. my advice is to just do things yourself. network with other pre-meds. ucla is too busy to really take time to help you. it's still a cool place though.

6. ucla sux they dont give a damn

they used to have counselors in the pre-professional advising office and they all left (all 2 of them :D)

because they got bettery paying jobs, why do u think we had the sudden move from murphy to the career center...

we have no one, nobody cares...that is why I moved to san diego...good luck pple

7. Street Philosopher

10+ Year Member

studentdoctor.net is my resource. good or bad, i don't know... but it's a hell of a lot better than the non-existant premed office at UCLA.

8. SsK

SsK Junior Member

UCLA pre-meds, despite the total lack of advisors, are easily some of the most savvy and competitve candidates around.

Why? Because most take care to find out information for themselves and do a LOT of networking with other pre-meds. I had a difficult time freshman year, but it's changed a lot as I've become more independent and gotten to know more older pre-meds who have gone through the process already.

UCLA is a great place generally... but not for a pre-med looking for guidance. Ya gotta be a self-starter. :)

9. What if you find premeds to be pukey?

10. Sunlyght

Sunlyght Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

it's a sucky state school what can you expect....

your fellow trojan :)

*this is directed to the USC UCLA rivalry so if you go to a state school no offense is intended*

11. Don't be snooping in on our UCLA posts you trojan.
    ;)

12. ehem....we have trojan pple on this website.... :eek:

<<<<<Important Commentary>>>>

A Bruin is Forever, but a Trojan can only be used once.....(please see commentary below) :D

Trojan = brand of condomns

enough said, thank you :D

oh and by the way, this year, ucla will kick ur sorry [email protected]@'s in the football game...u guyz were just lucky last year :)

13. ehem sorry couldn't resist...

what does USC REALLY Stand for?

University of Spoiled Children :D

The only place where daddy's money can get u a diploma ;)

14. TwoSteveSquared

TwoSteveSquared Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Can't spell $UCk without U$C.

USC...The best A's money can inflate.

Of course, come next year, I'd love to be wearing a nice burgandy USC Medicine sweatshirt. Though I'll always sit on the better side of the football field.