Question for UNECOM students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BadMCATs

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am on the "accept space available list" for this incoming class and I really want to get in. Do any UNECOM students out there know what my chances are? Do you know of many people in your class that got called up after being on this list? Also, the letter I recieved concerning my status says that students who took biochemistry will be placed on higher priority then those who didnt take it or are currently not taking it. I did take biochem. in college so do any of you think that is really a big advantage when applying? I would appreciaate any two cents you guys can throw out.

Members don't see this ad.

i just wanted to move this to the top and see if any UNECOM students can give me some input.

I would suggest giving a friendly call to admissions, to check on your status. I wouldn't nag them, but just express your desire to be admitted to the school. They're very good about those things. Also, there were quite a few students who were admitted via the wait list last year. In fact, our class has formed a committee to address orientation issues for those students (class of 2006). Good luck! :cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm also a student at UNE, and also know that there were several people who got in off the waitlist, so movement from the list you are one, which isn't exactly the same thing as the waitlist, is definitely possible. I don't know what to tell you about the biochem preference. Our biochem class really isn't that hard, you'd be fine even if you hadn't ever taken it before. Hmmm. That's really weird. If it's any consolation, I think that the number of students in our class who HAD NOT taken biochem in undergrad was substantially larger than the number of those who had, so if you have had biochem and they are using that for a preference, then I would assume that you would be ahead of a good number of people. I'd agree with CKelly on what you should do. Send a letter updating them if you have done anything else, and definitely call to check your status. They are nice, and showing continued interest might help, and it shouldn't hurt. Good luck!

They're probably giving people who took biochem preference 'cause there is now a biochem requirement before matriculation and it is effective for the class of 2006.
I agree with everyone.....send them a nice letter, call, update them...but don't harass them.

Good luck!

i know a new admit who is taking biochem online with the professor here. you could mention that you would be willing to do that...

good luck!

UNE rocks!

Well thank for the advise, im plaesed to report however that I got accepted yesterday and I have already sent my deposit. I guess ill see you all sometime in the future. Quick question, when do we get access to housing lists and available things of that sort?

Congrats BadMCATS! I'll be a first year student at UNE this year too. You can find all sorts of info on housing on UNE's web site. They have a list of off-campus housing, but you can also live on campus if you so desire. You'll probably get stuff soon - I've already received lots of stuff. Congrats again!

CONGRATS BADMCATS!! That's awesome! I already sent in my deposit too so I will see you in August :)