Question for Upstate NY residents

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NubianPrincess

Perpetually Bored
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which city is more urban and less "quite"...Binghamton or Syracuse? :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

NubianPrincess said:

Syracuse

NubianPrincess said:

hun.....make your way down to Texas......the races don't mix and everyone's happy!!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Haha, I meant "quiet." Thanks for your response, SarahGM

NubianPrincess said:
Haha, I meant "quiet." Thanks for your response, SarahGM

i don't get a "thanks" ms.jigga?

i go to school in BING. Cuse' is definantly more fo a city

YML said:
i go to school in BING. Cuse' is definantly more fo a city
Syracuse is definitely bigger and less quiet,but still not a fun city. I grew up in the area and still visit every yr. It's getting better, but still a pretty crappy place to live IMO. I agree with GW (for once)..... come down to TX :D I've been here since 95'.

I have to agree with Thackl, I lived in Syracuse for 18 yrs, and didnt enjoy most of it, it is much better than binghampton (since there is nothing at all there anyways) but the 'cuse is pretty crappy when it comes to weather and dont expect to see the sun, but I would rather live there than Binghamton any day. But I live in TX now too, so come on done! the weather is better and the tuition is cheaper, thats why I changed my residency to with my mom who has lived here for 4 yrs....I like it better than CNY for sure!

I lived in Syr for a year and have lived in Bing for the last 2...and neither of them are that bad. Both areas are easy to get around if you have a car, not much traffic and have anything you reasonably need for shopping (B&N, chain-food-restaurants, retail, etc). I like Bing more, just because it's less hassle to get around town because everything is concentrated on the parkway (or by the mall).
In Bing, you can be anywhere in the area in like 5-10mins. In Syr you may have to drive all across the city to get where you want to go, and it takes forever if you don't live near the expressway. I wouldn't recommend living in either place without a car though. Syr is colder and has more snow in the winter :( but has the state fair in the fall :) .

Oh, and they both have Wegman's, so that alone makes them both liveable places (and only an hour apart anyway).

I am also from Syracuse. Lived there for ten years...The weather is not the best, but there are some redeeming qualities. I think that Syracuse is much more diverse than Binghamton and can offer better night-life. Otherwise, I can't state specific diffferences. I would much rather live in the 'Cuse than Binghamton!