question for vanderbilt interviewees

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mango6110

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have to write my autobiography and i wanted to know how you guys approached it, did you have a central theme or did you just explain different events in your life, was it progressive or did you guys jump around? I don't really know what to do...any help would be appreciated.

Also, did you guys waive your right to see your recommendation letters or not after matriculation, does it affect your chance of admission or decrease the credibility of your recommendations?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I wrote an essay about myself highlighting unusual events that make me decidedly interesting and different from other applicants. It was short, sharp and sweet. With regards to the references, you must always wave your rights. Always.

When I wrote mine, I centered it around my core values. My first paragraph was about my values and then the rest of my essay was about how these values developed and were exemplified in my life (ie my family, childhood, interests, etc). I think it came out pretty well.