Question for walgreens floaters/anyone who knows one

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Anxiousone22

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
So I'm a P-5 who is currently overwhelmed with school work even though I heard fall is supposed to be a chill semester and that spring is when it gets crazy
Is anyone here a walgreens floater (some pharmacists still come on this site from what I see) or know anyone who is? I know when new grads get hired it's usually as a floater. My question is do floaters get benefits such as vacation or maternity leave? If so, does anyone know how many weeks or when one would be eligible for such benefits? Maternity leave is a huge concern for me. Yes I'm still a student and who knows if I'll even work with walgreens as a pharmacist. Nobody knows what the future holds but I just started with them as an intern. I spoke to my rph who said they only gave her 6 weeks but she used her vacation so it came out to 12. Not sure whether she was a floater at the time or not but she has a home store now. Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Both floaters and staff have the same benefits. Maternity leave is paid 6weeks for everyone. You can combine that with your vacation time as well.

Both floaters and staff have the same benefits. Maternity leave is paid 6weeks for everyone. You can combine that with your vacation time as well.

Do you know how much vacation time is given per year? I'm guessing benefits begin as soon as you start working, right? Thanks for your response!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Starts after 90 days of service. I think 2 weeks vacation for the first 3 years of service or something like that. With the new PTO system, you earn your vacation hours every pay period.

Starts after 90 days of service. I think 2 weeks vacation for the first 3 years of service or something like that. With the new PTO system, you earn your vacation hours every pay period.
Excuse my ignorance, but what's PTO/earning vacation hrs every pay period?

You earn 0.0x hours per of PTO per hour worked. The more seniority you have, the faster you accrue.