Question-good/great practice VR scores vs. real deal?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

G1SG2

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a question for those with mediocre, or great VR practice scores, yet with not so great real VR scores. If you were averaging 9+ on your practice exams (AAMC, TPR, EK 101, etc), yet received a 7 or below, what happened? Do you think the real deal was hard or very different? Did you panic? The reason why I'm asking is because I've been seeing a lot of posts regarding retakes because the OPs VR scores on the real deal was drastically different compared to his or her practice average. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I have a question for those with mediocre, or great VR practice scores, yet with not so great real VR scores. If you were averaging 9+ on your practice exams (AAMC, TPR, EK 101, etc), yet received a 7 or below, what happened? Do you think the real deal was hard or very different? Did you panic? The reason why I'm asking is because I've been seeing a lot of posts regarding retakes because the OPs VR scores on the real deal was drastically different compared to his or her practice average. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

I'm also wondering this. On my practice tests I feel like if I stay FOCUSED the whole time I always get a 10-11 or even 12. Yet if I fade out then I get like a 9...

Perhaps stamina and test day nerves?

really good question... i'm also wondering this too.

I do agree alaska21 that nerves may play a significant part.

But maybe also the passages being longer may have an issue so people may not have practiced that time crunch?

Maybe the passage content on the mcat is alot harder material than what we read when we practice on our tests?

hm... curious... curious...

next suggestion was that a fly flew past the screen and distracted them?