Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Question invloving 2nd'ary applications...

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by babybribs, Apr 23, 2004.

1. babybribs

babybribs Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

If i send all of my applictaions out on june 1st or there abouts, and my MCAT score from the April score gets processed whenever it does (mid June), when can i expect to get my 2nd'aries back. I appreciate any response because i am wondering whether i will have my LOR ready for that process. thanks in advance

Peace

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. mikeyboy

mikeyboy Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

You'll get some right away; the ones that don't screen. Others I would expect to take 1-2 months, if you have a pretty strong app. If you're applying to UC's then you might have to wait a lot longer for those, though I got mine within 2 months, some people have had to wait several months.

4. WyldeWolf1

WyldeWolf1 Get your own!
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    If I recall correctly, I sent mine out at the very end of June. My first secondaries came in July, but some didn't arrive until the end of August. You definitely want your LORs ready when the first ones come in, especially since some of them require a fast turnaround (app 2 weeks give or take).

5. efex101

efex101 attending
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Actually most come in pretty fast. My first secondaries came in July and some in August. My first interview was in August and first acceptances by Oct 15. The secondaries are just as important (as far as getting them in fast) as amcas because until the school has the secondary back and the LOR's it cannot process your application.