question: Is english composition useful for science pre-requisites?

Nov 1, 2013
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Composition 2, I mean.

I know this may be a weird and general question. But I hate English composition classes with a passion, and luckily I passed in the repeat course with a B- from a D. It is horrible, I know.

Fortunately, English composition 2 is not a requirement for the pharmacy school I am applying to, since a Bachelor's degree is not required. (I think most BA's everywhere require 2 semesters of English composition?). But if I do find that I need to obtain a Bachelor's degree, I will take it after all my science courses and other general entrance requirements are completed.

By the way, I write lab reports and humanities papers differently than I write here and in composition. I just hate grammar / mechanics, research, and content development that is focused heavily in English composition courses. Although, I can say I learned many useful "things" from these courses. It's just not consistent among other English composition courses. Maybe it's just me.

Jibby321

Ready or Not......
5+ Year Member
Jan 31, 2013
Status
Pharmacist
I'm about 95% sure that comp 2 is required to get an AA and I'm about 99% sure you at the minimum must have an AA to apply every where.

cuddlefish78

5+ Year Member
Jan 27, 2013
Status
Pharmacy Student
To get my AA and BS I needes two courses in english. I took comp 1 and technical writing.

I also needed 2 for my english prereq

Jibby321

Ready or Not......
5+ Year Member
Jan 31, 2013
Status
Pharmacist
Yea comm 1 and 2 were required for my AA.

Nov 19, 2013
Status
Pharmacy Student
I personally did not take comp 2 but took an "English/writing for science major" course to substitute for my English composition II class. Every pharmacy school I applied to accepted this class for Comp II. Check to see if you have a course like that in your school. This class really helped me writing almost all my research/science papers. It goes into depth about citation, research, abstracts, etc.