DO Question on 500 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tradkeke

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is 500 MCAT actually competitive for DO schools? I got a 500 and was (am) devastated because I thought I ruined by chances at becoming a physician. However after reading around on here I see people saying that with a 500 you can get several DO interviews if you apply broadly. How true is that? I was under the impression most DO schools were around 506+.

Thanks!

P.S. I am going to retake, just wondering and it would be a huge relief if I was able to know that if I can do better I can hopefully get some DO interviews.

EDIT: GPA 3.6-3.7, normal ECs

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, you can get into DO schools with those numbers. Might be tough getting into the good ones (DMU, MSU, KCU, OK, CCOM)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

500 with that gpa should be fine for some, goro or faha could advise on those particular schools

505+ mcats are cited to be what to aim for to be most competitive for DO though your GPA is already above average so you should be fine

Members don't see this ad :)
Your numbers are good for DO. Don't give up on your dream!

@Goro @Faha can give you the best advice on which schools to apply to.

Is 500 MCAT actually competitive for DO schools? I got a 500 and was (am) devastated because I thought I ruined by chances at becoming a physician. However after reading around on here I see people saying that with a 500 you can get several DO interviews if you apply broadly. How true is that? I was under the impression most DO schools were around 506+.

Thanks!

P.S. I am going to retake, just wondering and it would be a huge relief if I was able to know that if I can do better I can hopefully get some DO interviews.

EDIT: GPA 3.6-3.7, normal ECs
Not all, but many. Skip the coastal Touros, AZCOM, and CCOM

I have two acceptances with a 3.8 sGPA and 502 MCAT to CUSOM and PCOM-G. I also had early interview at state MD.

Reactions: 1 user
I got accepted to RowanSOM (top DO school IMO) with a 497. You're fine youll get in somewhere. Apply broadly and pay attention to the avg stats of the mateiculants at the schools to which youre applying. Dont apply to AZCOM, MSUCOM or CCOM where the avg MCATs are like 505+