1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

question on applying to DO schools

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by Bevo, Jan 31, 2002.

1. Bevo

Bevo Radiology, R1
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Im a texas resident and I know that TCOM accepts 90% residents only, so I read somewhere. I was wondering how hard it is to get into an out of state DO school such at the one located in Oklahoma or Arizona if Im out of state?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Hedwig

Hedwig Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

If you're applying to a public out-of-state DO school, it will be considerably more difficult than applying to a private out-of-state DO school. You'll have a much easier time with AZCOM than OSUCOM. Remember, the purpose of state medical schools is to produce physicians who, hopefully, will practice in that state. Hence, they're leery of out-of-state applicants. If you're a stellar applicant, however, you shouldn't have a problem anywhere.

4. Boomer

Boomer Supreme Sooner Member
    15+ Year Member

5. titan

titan Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

6. Hawk

Hawk Member
    7+ Year Member

7. Bevo

Bevo Radiology, R1
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Im not very sure. I have a weak gpa when my old schools is computed in. I have volunteered in a nursing home and hospital and worked for 2 internests(1 my father :) ). Someone suggest I become an EMT or CNA after I completed the MCAT.

I was looking at TCOM early acceptance because the more I learn about the school the more I want to go there. But Im a little nervous about applying there early acceptance because it says that they have to be the only school I apply to?

thanks for teh replies though. If I dont do the early acceptance Im definatly applying to azcom and the oklahoma school.