Quantcast

Question on break times...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fattymangox03

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
On the AAMC CBT exams, I've noticed that when the time's up for the 10 min break between sections, you still have to click 'next' to begin the next section.. is it the same for the real MCAT? so in theory, I could take a 15 min break, come back and click next? Or will it automatically start the next section for me?

UCDavisdude

WHITEBOY SLIM
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
On the AAMC CBT exams, I've noticed that when the time's up for the 10 min break between sections, you still have to click 'next' to begin the next section.. is it the same for the real MCAT? so in theory, I could take a 15 min break, come back and click next? Or will it automatically start the next section for me?

the timer will automatically start for that section after your 10 mins of break is up, regardless of your whereabouts.

cliquesh

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
On the real mcat, after completing th first essay, i didn't press "next" when my 30mins were up, i waited a few mins cuz i had a headach. Anyway, i didn't lose anytime, but i wouldn't try it.

xiaoyi666

The General
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
One thing that I did notice wasn't present on the verbal section was the SEARCH function. definitely surprised me. my princeton review coursre and my AAMC practice tests all had search functions to find specific words on the reading passages but no search on the actual exam (unless they changed it). Just a word of advice.

blowmeupjon

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
i had a friend who said he took his time on breaks and the section didnt start until he pressed the ok button for the next section

PRodulous

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't gamble on it also. One thing I've noticed about the AAMC practice tests are that they differ in their format. Some have the search function and some don't. I even found a way to stop the timer (which I doubt you can do on the real thing). My point is that AAMC probably revises not only the test questions, but also the program that delivers the test as well. They maybe reconfiguring it so it automatically starts after 10 min.

Fireballfx

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
AAMC has on their website a list of the differences between the AAMC practice CBTs and the Thompson administrated CBT