1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Question on ENGLISH requirement

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Chucky, Apr 9, 2002.

1. Chucky

Chucky Junior Member

Hi all:
    Most schools requires a year of english for admission. I am currently a sophmore now and have taken tons of courses that meets composition requirements, like Comparative Literature, Composition, and Cinema. However, none of these courses are titled "english", do the courses counts toward the requirement or should I take courses that is titled "english #"?

I really need you guys to help me out on this one, registration starts tommorrow! :confused: :confused: :confused:

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Yah-E

Yah-E Toof Sniper

Non-Student
    Chucky,

By what you have taken already, I believe that you're fine. I just looked at two dental schools, Nova and U of MN, for their application/admissions "English" requirements, both COMPOSITION and LITERATURE courses are considered "English" courses! You are all set for application as far as your "English" requirements. If you have further questions about this, I would suggest you to look at specific dental school websites or call them directly prior your registration tomorrow.

Hope this clears some doubts.

:cool:

4. Chucky

Chucky Junior Member

I appreciate your reply, [email protected]

I was just thinking of signing up for Sculpture for next term also to improve my manual dexterity skillz, do you guys think that this will be helpful in term of improving myself to be a better candidate or should I take another Social Science class?

5. Chucky

Chucky Junior Member

I appreciate your reply, [email protected]

I was just thinking of signing up for Sculpture for next term also to improve my manual dexterity skillz, do you guys think that this will be helpful in term of improving myself to be a better candidate or should I take another Social Science class?

6. Mayra

Mayra Member

Hello,
    I would call the school you are interested in since they all have different specifications. Ask them if they count towards your english credits. They will gladly answer your question. Not only this, but you also work on your networking with the school. The more they hear from you, the more they get to know you, the more it helps you. In my case I took english comp., tech writing, and speech communication. A cool tricl that also works is taking the ???? oooppss I forgot the name of the exam, but basically you take a test and the credits get tranfered to your school, which counts towards dent. schools. I will try to find out the name of the test. They are pretty easy..I took 12 credits of spanish like that in a single afternoon and not a single school questioned me about it...not even the Puerto Rican school which requires you to take spanish (12 credits) Hope this helps

7. Beagle

Beagle Meet BEAGLE

is a seminar an english course? I know for UOP, that is cosidered a whole year of English, but other schools? For undergrad at UOP, they made us take a years worth of Seminar instead of having the standard english classes as a general Ed course....now I Don't know if this seminar is fulfilling the requirements for other schools.
    Does anyone know?
    thanks`