Question on Kaplan's Q-Book for Step 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Farrakh

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering how good is this new Q-Book that Kaplan has. I got it when I took the Step 2 live lecture in NYC and now I'm doing the questions in the Ob-Gyn section and they seem too easy. Any ideas about the book?

I don't want to continue with it if it's not really that productive. Any suggestions from those who are studying for Step 2 or have already finished with it?

Thanks..
Farrakh

Members don't see this ad.

HI,
sorry i dont have answer to your question. ihave my own.since you have taken live lectures, can you tell me ,please lecture notes which you are getting right now,are they very diff from old ones. someone is offering me 1999 notes for 200$.i was wondering if they are worth it.
thanks in advance.

Hi.. the notes are VERY different in the sense that they are brand new. The set of notes that we recieved in the lectures I attended were so new that they came straight from the press and were going to replace all the notes Kaplan used before. As for the CONTENT, I don't know how different it may be. I know they are written in a different format - more textual and not outline style. I hope this information is of some use to you.

Good Luck,
Farrakh ;)

I dont know anything about step 2 Q-bank, but step 1 Q-bank were some of the best (and most realistic) questions available. Kaplan is in the business of being great test prep people, so I would rely on them.

As for other study aids, what do you all think about the "Blueprints" series from Blackwell scientific? What other books are available (with Questions!!!)?

Any help would be appreciated