question on post-secondary experiences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medical22

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
In the post-secondary experiences section on the AMCAS application, we are required to select a state and city. Is that for the contact person or the state and city where we got our experience?

By the way, how many experiences did you have in total. I have 16. Should I take out some? But they're all kind of important.

Members don't see this ad.

i believe that the city and state are where you got the experience, or at least that is how i understood it.

for part two of your post, i can't remember exactly how many experiences i had down, but i believe when i printed out my app it was maybe 5 pages worth of post-secondary exp alone. i say that as long as you have the room for it, put it down. in the past, you had to pick and choose what got on the app and how you described the experience, however, that isn't the case anymore. put it down on the app and let the adcom decide if it isn't necessary information-----better to put too much down rather than not enough.

I just looked at my printed copy of the application, and the city and state are listed as "Contact City" and "Contact State."
It was confusing to me too when I filled it out, and consequently I have "contact" cities and states for a few activities for which I have no contacts!

Just a note, everyone...I asked two admissions deans about the "contact information", and they both said "don't bother!" without hesitation. They said that if they want to call someone later to verify something, they'll ask you for it, so I didn't put any contact names in--just org names.