1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Question on prereqs fulfilled at a Junior College?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by Anrut, Mar 27, 2001.

1. Anrut

Anrut New Member

I have a friend who's premed(osteo) w/me and
    he's having trouble w/ chem and physics. He's considering fulfilling some of these reqs. at the local community college. I told
    him that it would be okay if he was going to be a PA or a nurse but that a DO school might greatly look down upon this. Any suggestions?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Atlas

Atlas Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    DO schools are cool with pre-reqs at CCs. In fact, in a similar post, many current students came forward and proclaimed that they indeed fulfilled many of their pre-reqs at CCs. It perfectly fine. In fact, in you want proof go to UHS-Kansas City's Web site. Go to Entering class profile and somewhere on there you'll find a link that says something like "Past undergraduate schools of students" and sure 'nuff there's a BUNCH of Community Colleges listed! I guess CCs are ok afterall, huh? Peace

4. Anrut

I was recently accepted to PCSOM, I attended a CC before entering a senior institution.

All undergrad schools should be teaching similar info., but I probably learned just as much at the CC I attended because the faculty was outstanding.

Everything comes down to what you learn-- not what or how a particular school teaches.

Bottomline--- You only reap what you sow.