Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Question on prereqs fulfilled at a Junior College?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by Anrut, Mar 27, 2001.

1. Anrut

Anrut New Member

I have a friend who's premed(osteo) w/me and
    he's having trouble w/ chem and physics. He's considering fulfilling some of these reqs. at the local community college. I told
    him that it would be okay if he was going to be a PA or a nurse but that a DO school might greatly look down upon this. Any suggestions?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Atlas

Atlas Senior Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    DO schools are cool with pre-reqs at CCs. In fact, in a similar post, many current students came forward and proclaimed that they indeed fulfilled many of their pre-reqs at CCs. It perfectly fine. In fact, in you want proof go to UHS-Kansas City's Web site. Go to Entering class profile and somewhere on there you'll find a link that says something like "Past undergraduate schools of students" and sure 'nuff there's a BUNCH of Community Colleges listed! I guess CCs are ok afterall, huh? Peace

4. Anrut

I was recently accepted to PCSOM, I attended a CC before entering a senior institution.

All undergrad schools should be teaching similar info., but I probably learned just as much at the CC I attended because the faculty was outstanding.

Everything comes down to what you learn-- not what or how a particular school teaches.

Bottomline--- You only reap what you sow.