Question on prereqs fulfilled at a Junior College?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Anrut

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a friend who's premed(osteo) w/me and
he's having trouble w/ chem and physics. He's considering fulfilling some of these reqs. at the local community college. I told
him that it would be okay if he was going to be a PA or a nurse but that a DO school might greatly look down upon this. Any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

DO schools are cool with pre-reqs at CCs. In fact, in a similar post, many current students came forward and proclaimed that they indeed fulfilled many of their pre-reqs at CCs. It perfectly fine. In fact, in you want proof go to UHS-Kansas City's Web site. Go to Entering class profile and somewhere on there you'll find a link that says something like "Past undergraduate schools of students" and sure 'nuff there's a BUNCH of Community Colleges listed! I guess CCs are ok afterall, huh? Peace

Anrut

I was recently accepted to PCSOM, I attended a CC before entering a senior institution.

All undergrad schools should be teaching similar info., but I probably learned just as much at the CC I attended because the faculty was outstanding.

Everything comes down to what you learn-- not what or how a particular school teaches.

Bottomline--- You only reap what you sow.