question on the PS and BS sections for those who took the MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

r1b0s0m3

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So whenever I take a FL, I usually get 4-5 tricky questions that I know I might miss. Whenever I go over the answers, those are the ones that I always miss; so pretty much I know what I'm going to miss (I know weird). So I end up getting 12 or 13 on those sections.

My question is.. how did you guys feel during the test? I'm looking at old threads and, for example, some people say they didn't have any clue for about 15-20 out of 52 questions in the PS section but they ended up getting 12. Can the curve really be this much?

Members don't see this ad.

What you feel during the test is not what you feel during the actual MCAT...

I seriously had no idea about 20 something PS questions because I was nervous, and I got an 8, but the same thing happened in bio and verbal and I got 11's in those sections.

Don't take your gut feeling about how you did, because it's almost always wrong.

If you've studied, score it and hope for the best.

CodeBlu said:
Don't take your gut feeling about how you did, because it's almost always wrong.

If you've studied, score it and hope for the best.
I agree with this a lot. I was getting straight 31's on my practice tests. Wrote the exam, thought I did TERRIBLE (28ish), and I ended up getting a 35. You never know.

Do not go into the MCAT thinking that if you do badly, the world is over. You have to go in there with a positive attitude and have some flexibility. Don't freak out about a passage if it is giving you trouble. Instead, move on, and come back to it. By that time you can refresh the topic in your mind, and something might stick out to you.

I thought I only got one question wrong on PS (out of 52) but ended up with a 12. The lowest of all my practice aamc's. Cant complain tho, did much better on verbal than I thought I would.

I really thought I bombed the PS section. There were a lot of questions on a particular topic I wasn't comfortable with, and randomly guessed on more than I would have liked. I was really expecting a low score... but I got an 11 and I couldn't be happier with that!

So don't bother analyzing your performance. Just wait for the score :)

I hate physics! :laugh: