Question on UVA and Case Western

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fernj75

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
According to the Princeton Review Guide for Medical Schools, the University of Virginia and Case Western University screen their applicants. I would like to know if anyone knows if they are screening this year.

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by Fernj75:
•According to the Princeton Review Guide for Medical Schools, the University of Virginia and Case Western University screen their applicants. I would like to know if anyone knows if they are screening this year.•

I dont think either is screening this year. Matter of fact, the only school that I know for sure that is screening this year is Univ. of Pittsburgh (and Univ. of Washington for out of state applicants)

baylor Pittsburgh is NOT SCREENING....

ur probably going to get a secondary in due time....but I HIGHLY DOUBT ANY SCHOOLS IS SCREEENING........what kind of school sends out interviews before they get screening...I DONT CALL THAT SCREeNING for interviews maybe...

Members don't see this ad :)
Well I did receive a secondary from both schools, but I am curious as to their procedure this year. I know a few applicants from last year that did not receive secondary from UVA. I am however still waiting for a secondary from the University of Pittsburgh who is supposedly screening this year. Wish me luck!!!

This year UVA is not screening...they instead send out an email to everyone who applies giving the link to the secondary. I got that email from them about a month ago.

Hope this helps. :)

I seriously doubt that Pitt is screening as I got a secondary and just took the MCAT for the first time. And my GPA's nothing to brag about. I also got the email from UVa after sending them my paper AMCAS (or maybe it was just after AMCAS sent them some preliminary info). Case Western is not screening. They have an on-line form that their secondary directs you to fill out, but you can acess it and fill it out beforehand if you want.

OK, so I guess the only school screening for secondaries in the whole country this year is University of Washington (for out of state applicants only)?

What other schools are screening for secondaries?