Question: Power of toric lenses

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WVUPharm2007

imagine sisyphus happy
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm a regular over on the PharmD boards and I've got a question about contacts for my astigmatic eyes.

I went to my OD today and he examined my eyes. Right, I have been using Soflens 66 toric lenses for the last three years with no problem, but my sight has been getting a wee bit worse since then and the power of my left eye has been bumped up (or is that down?) from -9.00 to -10.00. No, then problem is he wrote me a script:

Soflens toric 66

-8.00 -.75 X 10
-10.00 -.75 X 160

Ok, the first lens I can find easy, but the second one is a power I can't seem to find at an online lens dealer. Do any of you know if Bouch&Lomb makes a soft lens at that power or if another manufacturer makes a soft toric lens at that power?

Any help is very much appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

WVUPharm2007 said:
Hi, I'm a regular over on the PharmD boards and I've got a question about contacts for my astigmatic eyes.

I went to my OD today and he examined my eyes. Right, I have been using Soflens 66 toric lenses for the last three years with no problem, but my sight has been getting a wee bit worse since then and the power of my left eye has been bumped up (or is that down?) from -9.00 to -10.00. No, then problem is he wrote me a script:

Soflens toric 66

-8.00 -.75 X 10
-10.00 -.75 X 160

Ok, the first lens I can find easy, but the second one is a power I can't seem to find at an online lens dealer. Do any of you know if Bouch&Lomb makes a soft lens at that power or if another manufacturer makes a soft toric lens at that power?

Any help is very much appreciated.

Softlens 66 toric is only available in powers up to -9.00.

With that small level of astigmatism compared to that level of nearsightedness, I'm surprised you aren't just wearing spherical lenses. I would consider that.

Jenny

I would also call your docs office to let them know those lenses do not come in those parameters.

cpw said:
I would also call your docs office to let them know those lenses do not come in those parameters.

I plan on informing the optometrist on Monday. If I were a regular person, I'd be concerned. Fortunately for the OD I'm a pharmacy intern that gets to witness physicians write scripts for drugs that do not exist on a daily basis! :)

Thanks for the help, folks!