question) re-applying to same dpt program would lower my chance of getting in compared to people who

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

meeKU13

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm curious about this since, there is program that i want to apply to and I can apply this year if i want to but there are couple classes that i can retake and maybe do more volunteers etc but that would take me another year. so if it doesn't hurt me to re-apply ( just in case if i don't get in.) then i would apply right now, and if i get rejected then i would definitely brush up those thing and apply it again. but if it lowers my chance of getting in for re-applying then i would just wait till another year.. its really complicated because of family stuff etc that they want me to apply asap and pushes me so hard... anyways any feedback thanks in advance.
ps: i had low gpa before i transfer to 4 yr university b/c when i was at CC i did not had any goals with my life etc, so i didn't much care about grades, gpa etc. but after i transferred i knew what i wanted to do so since then i pulled an straight A's. That's why my undergrad gpa is so high. ( i majored in exercise physiology btw)

cumulative gpa- 3.34
undergrad gpa -3.92
science gpa - 3.3
gre- 154v 152q 4.0w
outpatient - over 300+ hr only

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'm curious about this since, there is program that i want to apply to and I can apply this year if i want to but there are couple classes that i can retake and maybe do more volunteers etc but that would take me another year. so if it doesn't hurt me to re-apply ( just in case if i don't get in.) then i would apply right now, and if i get rejected then i would definitely brush up those thing and apply it again. but if it lowers my chance of getting in for re-applying then i would just wait till another year.. its really complicated because of family stuff etc that they want me to apply asap and pushes me so hard... anyways any feedback thanks in advance.
ps: i had low gpa before i transfer to 4 yr university b/c when i was at CC i did not had any goals with my life etc, so i didn't much care about grades, gpa etc. but after i transferred i knew what i wanted to do so since then i pulled an straight A's. That's why my undergrad gpa is so high. ( i majored in exercise physiology btw)

cumulative gpa- 3.34
undergrad gpa -3.92
science gpa - 3.3
gre- 154v 152q 4.0w
outpatient - over 300+ hr only

It wouldn’t hurt your chances if you do decide to reapply. Most schools have like 1,000+ applicants each year so they can’t rember everyone. But I would suggest you have your retake classes by the time you apply. Because a lot of people think if they take classes in the fall it will increase your GPA because of academic update. but a lot of programs don’t rerank people using academic update, they rank you off the stats before academic update. So I would suggest taking any retakes before you apply so it can increase your chances.

Reactions: 1 users
I had a lower overall GPA and GRE score, but with a higher prerequisite GPA. My second application cycle, I was accepted to a school that I applied to the year before. In PTCAS most schools have an essay section that allows you to explain changes you’ve made in your application if you’re a reapplicant. So based on my experiences, applying to a school after being rejected the year before doesn’t hurt and could help your case! You have a lot going for you, your trend and GRE are great. Just try to get some more hours and retake some science classes if you don’t get in this time around!

Reactions: 1 user
I had a lower overall GPA and GRE score, but with a higher prerequisite GPA. My second application cycle, I was accepted to a school that I applied to the year before. In PTCAS most schools have an essay section that allows you to explain changes you’ve made in your application if you’re a reapplicant. So based on my experiences, applying to a school after being rejected the year before doesn’t hurt and could help your case! You have a lot going for you, your trend and GRE are great. Just try to get some more hours and retake some science classes if you don’t get in this time around!
thanks !!