Question Regarding Bonus Pay

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KungPOWChicken

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be starting active duty in august/september post board exam after completing a deferred residency. My question is will I be entitled to ASP which I believe is usually given out in July. I also hope that ISP won't be a problem considering this is issued in october. My last question is since I graduated from med school with hpsp four years ago. I believe that i will start at o3 with four years correct?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, you get ASP, $15K within a few weeks of arrival at the base (see your SGH or equivalent to do the paperwork.) You'll be paid as an O-3 with 4 years. You'll sign your ISP at the end of September and be paid a few weeks after that.

yes, you get asp, $15k within a few weeks of arrival at the base (see your sgh or equivalent to do the paperwork.) you'll be paid as an o-3 with 4 years. You'll sign your isp at the end of september and be paid a few weeks after that in mid to late december.

ftfy :)

Members don't see this ad :)
i'm also defered in a civ program. However, in EM we dont sit for our boards till fall (i believe) and have oral boards the following spring (if you pass the written). Do I have to wait till after the oral boards to get ISP and board-certified pay?

i'm also defered in a civ program. However, in EM we dont sit for our boards till fall (i believe) and have oral boards the following spring (if you pass the written). Do I have to wait till after the oral boards to get ISP and board-certified pay?

You can get your ISP right away, but not the board-certified pay.