Question regarding convictions and misdemeanors

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Prepharm0425

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
On a supplemental application I am asked if I have ever been convicted of a misdemeanor, and that I should report all cases even if they have been expunged. A couple years back I was working at a market and made the mistake of selling cigarettes to a minor and this was a misdemeanor charge. At court the DA decided to throw out the case and just decided to give me community service. The case was thrown out but CNCP wants to know about all cases even if they have been expunged. The thing is I don't know what happened with my case other than it was thrown out of court. Not sure what expunged really means other than wiped out of my record. I don't know what would be present regarding my criminal case on the criminal background screening that would be requested from the schools when I get accepted. What should I do? Should I mention anything?

Members don't see this ad.

Contact the court house to find out the status of the incidence. It sounds to me like your charges were dropped.

Expunged happens after you were convicted.

Call the courthouse and find out if a judgement was ever made in your case. Before something becomes public record, there needs to be a judge that makes a judgement against you. If there was no judgement, there is no misdemeanor.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you weren't convicted, you weren't convicted. The important thing is to check with the State Board of Pharmacy though.