Question regarding Nursing Student Background checks

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

worried student

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am not sure if I am posting this in the right forum or not but if anyone can provide any insight into this it would be greatly appreciated. I am a first year Nursing Student and I recently submitted my background check before I start clinicals this fall. I am waiting on the results to get back. The thing I am concerned about is I was brought before the court back in February 2005 on a misdemeanor DWI (driving while impaired) charge. The case was dismissed Nolle prosequ due to no evidence. I was not intoxicated nor did I have any illegal drugs in my system. I was basically stopped by a officer for going a little fast who then triggered a migraine in me by shining a bright light in my face, because I appeared disoriented she handcuffed me and brought me in. The prosecutor dropped all charges as they did not have anything. This was over 9 years ago. Does anyone know if this will keep me from practicing in clinicals and obtaining a nursing license later or will I more than likely be able to attend clinicals and practice? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I highly doubt it will come up, but if you just explain to whoever asks what you said here, you'll be fine.