question regarding recommendation letter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ana29

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The dean of my college has changed. I have some recommendation letters from the old dean (dean when I was in college) but now I need some more.
What can I do?

Members don't see this ad.

ana29 said:
The dean of my college has changed. I have some recommendation letters from the old dean (dean when I was in college) but now I need some more.
What can I do?

Hi,
For most of the schools , the requirement is that the recommendation / reference letter from the dean should be dated within the last one year... If it is more than one year old , then u need to get a fresh one from ur current dean... u can do that by going personally and meeting the new dean ... if u r abroad , u can talk to ur new dean and explain ur situation and ask what is the procedure to get a recommendation / reference letter from him / her...

:thumbup: Good Luck

When it is requested a letter from the dean does this mean the dean when I was a student or the dean at the moment the letter is requested because actually the present dean does not know me and how will he be able to give me a good recommendation letter ???
please help me with advice.....

I'm from a big publick school. Could you guys give some advise on how to get a good rec letter from professor or the dean? I mean I know all the "rules" already, like going to office hours and talking to them. But how do you really get a good one when there's over 20,000 students....