Question regarding S/U

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Adam638

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here's my problem. I am a senior graduating in May. The problem is that I am having to take a second semester SPAN 102 course in order to fulfill my major requirement. I took the first semester 3 years ago. I have never taken a course S/U, and my overall GPA is 3.73. Would it look bad or be a bad idea to take this class S/U? I guess I don't want to risk getting a crappy grade in a freshman level course. Any advice would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

what the heck is S/U?

is that like Pass/Fail?

If so do it. Everyone knows you don't learn spanish from spanish classes so who cares?

S/U is satisfactory/unsatisfactory- essentially the same as pass/fail, however some places designate unsatisfactory as D and sometimes even C-, while fail is just that- an F.

Members don't see this ad :)
except amcas doesn't regard p/f as anything so its moot, i guess.

or am i wrong?...

S/U is satisfactory / unsatisfactory. An A,B,C will get you an S, while a D or F gets you a U. So the opinion I am getting is that it wouldn't be a bad idea????

S/U is satisfactory / unsatisfactory. An A,B,C will get you an S, while a D or F gets you a U. So the opinion I am getting is that it wouldn't be a bad idea????

For just one class that's not a med school pre-req, they won't care.

I took an Econ class P/F, and I haven't heard a word about it at any of my interviews.