Question Regarding Transcripts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KababMD

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im wondering If i can do this, If I apply this June, can I still take summer classes about 12 hours of credits, and have medical schools see that, because I could take some core basket weavers of the summer which are needed for graduation (a joke swimming class, TV Media class, and some other joke classes) have them increase my gpa hopefully, and then can I send The gpa I've attained after the summer classes to med school??

Just wondering if this could be done
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Im wondering If i can do this, If I apply this June, can I still take summer classes about 12 hours of credits, and have medical schools see that, because I could take some core basket weavers of the summer which are needed for graduation (a joke swimming class, TV Media class, and some other joke classes) have them increase my gpa hopefully, and then can I send The gpa I've attained after the summer classes to med school??

Just wondering if this could be done
Thanks
You can send updated letters to the schools and include this as part of the update....most if not all schools accept them.

I dont think they will care about an A in a swimming class though.

you can send them transcripts to update your file with them. but it won't change your amcas gpa.

Members don't see this ad :)
what do you mean it wont change my grades with AMCAS, if I send them an updated file, with a higher GPA wouldnt that help me in any way?

BTW swimming was just one class, others are a little bit more serious like history and play study, overall, their classes I need, and want to complete, in order to boost my Overall GPA, to show med schools,
You cant send them to AMCAs, you have to send it to the individual schools...they will see the improvement but probably wont calculate your "new" gpa.

Does this make any sense? lol

what do you mean it wont change my grades with AMCAS, if I send them an updated file, with a higher GPA wouldnt that help me in any way?

BTW swimming was just one class, others are a little bit more serious like history and play study, overall, their classes I need, and want to complete, in order to boost my Overall GPA, to show med schools,

Of course it will help, but the majority (if not most) schools will not recalculate anything.

So, should I go through all that work to send it to all the schools I apply to, or ones that I am really interested in? And if they dont calculate it in, then to they just look at it as an improvement and in a way 'count it'??

I dont want it to be useless for me and them, whats the best thing to do?

So, should I go through all that work to send it to all the schools I apply to, or ones that I am really interested in? And if they dont calculate it in, then to they just look at it as an improvement and in a way 'count it'??

I dont want it to be useless for me and them, whats the best thing to do?

I think you should go ahead and take the classes and send your new grades to all of the schools that you're applying to. While they may not recalculate anything, showing continual improvement and interest can only help you in the long run. It's not all that much work, maybe a little pricey for sending transcripts, but we ALL know how much even applying to med school costs! Either way, continuing strong and sending more A's in the direction of med schools will be beneficial...Also, continue to update schools throughout the cycle about more shadowing/volunteering/clinical experience...they will add all of this information to your file...if you were not selected for an interview immediately, maybe the second time around they look at your app, they'll see your efforts and it will hopefully pay off!

Good Luck! :luck: