question regarding transferring

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jigga5

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So freshman year I did really well, 3.95 GPA overall. Anyways I will be transferring back to Canada from a US institution. I know my GPA resets at the new school, but when I apply to med schools in Canada or the US will the GPA i report include the courses from the old school? Or just the new school GPA??

I took these pre reqs.

Gen chem 1 and 2
Calc 1 and 2
Eng 1 and 2
Organismal Bio

Im guessing these above courses will be calculated in the GPA that med schools will use for my admissions but I had to double check.

Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

all of them

edit: you report your classes with grades from all universities. you also send your transcripts from all your univeristies you have attended.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have no idea what calculations the Canadian schools use. Those scores would be included for U.S. applications, though.

Yea hopefully Canadian schools will still use the same methods as the US, and not look down on American universities. Also If my future goal is to practice medicine in the US, is it best to go to med school in the US or Canada? I was hoping to go to med school in Canada and then try to match in the US... is this putting myself at a disadvantage?

will you remain a citizen in the U.S.?

if yes, the main disadvantage i see is that you possibly won't have a state residency that will afford you some preference from admission to state schools. just transfer to florida.

also, the grading system in canada, i hear, is slightly different. perhaps a canadian could shed some light.

will you remain a citizen in the U.S.?

if yes, the main disadvantage i see is that you possibly won't have a state residency that will afford you some preference from admission to state schools. just transfer to florida.

also, the grading system in canada, i hear, is slightly different. perhaps a canadian could shed some light.

Im a canadian citizen

Also If my future goal is to practice medicine in the US, is it best to go to med school in the US or Canada? I was hoping to go to med school in Canada and then try to match in the US... is this putting myself at a disadvantage?

Anybody??