Question regarding University of Michigan Prerequisite!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sweetmjkim

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I noticed that microbiology was one of the pre-requisite for University of Michigan. This is my last semester at my undergrad and I have already registered and started the classes and therefore cannont make any changes to take microbiology class right now. Does anyone know if we can take microbiology class online and still get credits for it?! Please let me know! Thank you very much =)

Members don't see this ad.

Most likely. Email or call Michigan to make sure.

I was wondering the same thing for the same class. It says on their website that all prereq's must be taken at a four year accredited university. I would love to take it online. Let me know if you find out. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Most schools that I am familiar with will let you take online courses as long as they are from a legitimate four year college.

does the michigan pre reqs require a lab for mic

Because of this "new" pre requisite thing, I could not apply to U of mich. (I couldn;t take the course, b/c I'm already out of school)
I e-mailed them last April to replace the course with other similar biology and she said I must take "Microbiology" and no other similar course can replace the pre requisite.

If the requirements have not already been fulfilled, summer courses seem to be the only alternative accepted by Michigan's adcom. I've talked to many of the adcom members and they have all suggested summer courses for any prerequisites not fulfilled at this point....

Is there anyone out there who was accepted without the pre-reqs last cycle?

I want to apply to UMich, but don't really want to take two or three more courses to fulfill their requirement.

Is there anyone out there who was accepted without the pre-reqs last cycle?

I want to apply to UMich, but don't really want to take two or three more courses to fulfill their requirement.

I was accepted but took the Micro course 2nd semester senior year. I was pretty bitter about taking it at first. I had planned my entire four years to take a good load of high level science classes early and have that last semester of senior year free to relax and enjoy college. However, in the long run I think its been helpful. Its a good reminder of alot of information and I'll be taking it this coming year in dental school. It sucks while taking it, but in hindsight it wasnt soo bad.

I was accepted but took the Micro course 2nd semester senior year. I was pretty bitter about taking it at first. I had planned my entire four years to take a good load of high level science classes early and have that last semester of senior year free to relax and enjoy college. However, in the long run I think its been helpful. Its a good reminder of alot of information and I'll be taking it this coming year in dental school. It sucks while taking it, but in hindsight it wasnt soo bad.

So, I guess you had no trouble getting an interview invite from Michigan even though you didn't have microbio under your belt? What I'm curious about is ... did you (or they) make it explicit that you will be taking it before you matriculate?

So, I guess you had no trouble getting an interview invite from Michigan even though you didn't have microbio under your belt? What I'm curious about is ... did you (or they) make it explicit that you will be taking it before you matriculate?

I was interviewed then later accepted with the understanding that I would have completed Microbiology before Dental School started.