Question regarding USC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrumandDrummer

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Those that interviewed at USC - did you receive an e-mail to schedule for interview or did they send you a letter in the mail?

Members don't see this ad.

I got a letter with several dates to chose from. But that was earlier on (Oct). I would think that interviews granted now will prob be by phone or email.

i got an email from USC first and I got a letter afterwards. I just finished my interview today (april 2nd).

It was interesting talking to the dental students. They told me they were really frustrated their first 6 month. But after that they got used to the program and started to learn. I would say PBL is not a bad program, but you just need to be very motivated and be able to contribute to the group.

For those who have interveiw at USC, good luck!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,

I've heard that USC does not have professors lecturing anymore, instead of group study or something else. Is it true?

There are no formal lectures. It is a Problem Based Learning Curriculum where small gropus of students (I believe 8 per group) and 1 faculty member meet 3 times per week to analyze individual cases. Then the students break up the workload, research the problem, and bring the ideas back to the group to try and solve the problem.