1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

question?should I buy Kaplan COMLEX/USMLE books now

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by H-townComp, Mar 13, 2002.

1. H-townComp

H-townComp Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi, just wondering,

for all the first years out there, would you recommend having COMLEX/USMLE study books from the start of Med school....some people have said that u should start studying from the first day? any input much appreciated....Thanks!!!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. KCOM2005

KCOM2005 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

A suggestion that I have heard numerous times is to get First Aid for the USMLE and to incorporate it into your studying. Basically the book will be too simplified (but sometimes useful) for your courses. As you cover the information add your own little comments/mnemonics in the margins. This will save you time when it comes to studying for the boards. In otherwords, don't start studying for the boards right away. First Aid is the basic knowledge that you need to have memorized for the test. I picked up a used (but clean) copy up off the internet the other day for pretty cheap.

There are plenty of books that are individualized for each subject. Often they prove very useful when studying for a course (usually they are near the right level, sometimes too simplified). I have found the renowned Lippincot Board Review books useful in many classes. Some professors are known to test from these books or at the same level of knowledge (at least at KCOM). High Yield books are good too.

4. H-townComp

H-townComp Member
    7+ Year Member

Thanks Alot KCOM2005, that was really helpful, I appreciate a whole lot......can I get those books From Barnes&Noble?

5. H-townComp

H-townComp Member
    7+ Year Member

Also, alot of people are selling Kaplan Step 1 Books....what's a good price to buy them all for?