Question to American Premeds

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

supafield

Dream Big
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wondering something.... I've seen a lot of "Is this date too late" and nearly no "July/August MCAT club" threads

I'm from Ontario... the way our apps works.... there is none of this rolling business.... we all need to apply by October 1st.... and you're no better off if you have done it 2 months before.... and september MCATs are accepted just like any other ones....

Now that you have all these may, june, and july dates to choose from.... and since Early Application seems to really important south of the border do very few people write from the end of july to september....?

Is it mainly people that are just late in getting applications in? Is it people that are writing and planning to apply not this year but a following year....

Is it people who couldn't find a spot elsewhere?

Or is there none of these considerations at all? Just kinda wondering what kinda thinking is going into picking a test date now that there are so many to chose from.... thanks for your input....

Members don't see this ad.

I'm assuming people who take it in September are retakers or people planning to apply next year. People take it in August for a variety of reasons. One is probably because they're too busy with classes during the school year and have the summer to study for it. Another could be retakes. And yet another could be that they're taking summer classes that end in July and they want a month to focus solely on the MCAT.

I'm taking it in July.

I've started studying slowly. I've been averaging about 2-3 hours per day since I got done with classes. Soon, I'm going to be doing research from 9-5, so I'll only have about 4 or 5 hours to study. Instead of trying to slam it all in for June, I decided to take it in July. This will give me time to practice and study, build more of a resume, and prepare myself mentally.

Members don't see this ad :)