1. What do you find most helpful? Give us your feedback on the 2019 SDN Member Survey to help further the SDN mission (and win prizes!)
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Question to current students at: SUNY Buffalo, UDM, or UOP

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by iamdangermouse, Feb 17, 2007.

1. iamdangermouse

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I know that dental schools aren't rate-able, but I'm sure there are a number of distinctions that set them apart.

Can anyone please explain to me the characteristics of the dental schools in SUNY Buffalo, University of Detroit Mercy, or the University of the Pacific?

All of the "details" in the school catalogs seem very general ("top professors, great research facilities, experience...etc"), but I hoped that maybe a current student at any one of these schools could give me a detail into the dental school.

The more specific, the better!
    Thank you:D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. leedizzal

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    NOt a student at UOP but if you ask my trying to cram what everybody elese seems to do in four years with summers, feels like you would have to leave something out or go over something kinda fast to make it all fit....

I imagine they will have to move to a 4 yr program in the near future.....

3. jmick101

jmick101 Kung Fu DDS
    10+ Year Member

Dentist
    I think that listening to the opinions of someone not attending a school could lead to misinformation. Personally, I find the above post totally incorrect but that is not the point. If you really want to know about these schools, I'd go to their websites and only listen to students who attend them. I got a lot of opinions when I started looking into schools too, a lot of them false.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. eleminopee

eleminopee I've got 2 infractions!
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    you should post this thread in the dental student forum, not the predental one :)

5. OP
    OP
    iamdangermouse

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    oh okay :)

6. armorshell

armorshell One Man Freak Show
    Physician Dentist Moderator Emeritus Verified Expert 10+ Year Member

Non-Student
    Yeah, even though the Pacific curriculum has been three years since 1942 and the school received 18 commendations and no recommendations from the ADEA Council on Accreditation in 2000 there must be something wrong with the program right? There must be something they're leaving out keeping 150 students a year from not only passing their part 1/2 boards, but passing them with scores above the national average.

Just because you don't understand how it's possible, doesn't mean that it isn't :D