iamdangermouse

10+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
I know that dental schools aren't rate-able, but I'm sure there are a number of distinctions that set them apart.

Can anyone please explain to me the characteristics of the dental schools in SUNY Buffalo, University of Detroit Mercy, or the University of the Pacific?

All of the "details" in the school catalogs seem very general ("top professors, great research facilities, experience...etc"), but I hoped that maybe a current student at any one of these schools could give me a detail into the dental school.

The more specific, the better!
Thank you:D

leedizzal

10+ Year Member
Feb 16, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
NOt a student at UOP but if you ask my trying to cram what everybody elese seems to do in four years with summers, feels like you would have to leave something out or go over something kinda fast to make it all fit....

I imagine they will have to move to a 4 yr program in the near future.....

jmick101

Kung Fu DDS
10+ Year Member
Dec 28, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
NOt a student at UOP but if you ask my trying to cram what everybody elese seems to do in four years with summers, feels like you would have to leave something out or go over something kinda fast to make it all fit....

I think that listening to the opinions of someone not attending a school could lead to misinformation. Personally, I find the above post totally incorrect but that is not the point. If you really want to know about these schools, I'd go to their websites and only listen to students who attend them. I got a lot of opinions when I started looking into schools too, a lot of them false.

About the Ads

eleminopee

I've got 2 infractions!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 6, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
you should post this thread in the dental student forum, not the predental one :)

armorshell

One Man Freak Show
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Apr 13, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student

Yeah, even though the Pacific curriculum has been three years since 1942 and the school received 18 commendations and no recommendations from the ADEA Council on Accreditation in 2000 there must be something wrong with the program right? There must be something they're leaving out keeping 150 students a year from not only passing their part 1/2 boards, but passing them with scores above the national average.

Just because you don't understand how it's possible, doesn't mean that it isn't :D

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.