1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Question to non-trads about ERAS

Discussion in 'Nontraditional Students' started by starmoon, Aug 16, 2011.

1. starmoon

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    To all the non-trads who are in residency and beyond: how did you approach the ERAS resume? I am having a little trouble with the work experiences as there are whole years of my life that I don't remember too many details on. Not that I was doing anything so crazy, it's just been a while... all the random jobs I had, the breaks for staying home with various babies, etc. How anal am I expected to be on this resume? Will they try to verify dates, etc? (eg if I'm off by a month or four, will it be a problem?)

By the way, I am at a top 10 US med school applying to competitive programs in a not very competitive specialty.

Thanks for the advice. I am feeling pretty sick of the whole process of selling myself and the season is only beginning...

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. QofQuimica

QofQuimica Seriously, dude, I think you're overreacting....
    Administrator Physician PhD Faculty Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field], Attending Physician
    Just do the best you can with the dates. If you're off, you're off. No one is going to grill you on your timeline down to the minute, or even the month. If they do, you tell them what you just told us.

As for the rest, practice acting interested and positive even when you don't feel that way. It's a good skill for a physician to have in general. ;)

4. starmoon

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Yah. I'm not that great at that. Maybe I should reconsider pathology.